KARLSRUHE / RIGA
kasparsj at gmail dot com
Kaspars Jaudzems is an audiovisual artist working mainly in code - designing, building, sequencing and composing works using algorithms and numbers. He has a strong background in engineering and uses that to build complex technological installations, interactive works and interfaces, trying to explore mathematical and physical raw building blocks [of existance] in relation to technology.
In a heavy cyber punk inspired style he reflects upon threats that we are facing and hypothetical technological utopias and dystopias of near future. He uses code and cybernetic feedback loops, to create generative audiovisual compositions and new experiences.
He is currently based in Karlsruhe, Germany.
EXHIBITIONS / PERFORMANCES
- phi8 "SuperCollider radio" rooftop performance at Insterburg, Karlsruhe, DE
- phi8 "SuperCollider radio" performance, Institutsabend, IMWI, Karlsruhe, DE
- soundtrack for Kristine Krauze-Slucka solo exhibition "Forced movements of the past", TJZK, Riga (nominated for Purvīša Balva)
- live visuals for Ivars Arutyunyan solo percussion, Kulturkabinett, Stuttgard, DE
- live coding performance for TOPLAP Karlsruhe innaugural live stream
- group exhibition "Māksla garākai dzīvei", Sporta 2 kvartāls, projekta "Divi9" mākslas nedēļas ietvaros
- online group exhibition "Made in Lab"
- online group exhibition "Metaverse"
- group exhibition "Lambda" at Céu de Vidro, Caldas da Rainha, PT
- phi8 installation at "Starpliktuvē", part of "Liepaja Art Forum"
- "ecstatic dance" photo series part of "Nida OFF" additional program, LT
- phi8 installation at "Baltā nakts" ("White Night") contemporary culture forum
- phi8 installation at Baltic Burn festival, LT
- phi8 installation at Kometa festival
- group exhibition "Līdzsvars"
- group exhibition "Trauksmes cēlāji Muzeju naktī"
- group exhibition & performance in Sound Days festival
- group exhibition "Zaļš"
- group exhibition "Liepājas mākslinieki Latvijas simtgadei"
- group exhibition "Zinātnieku nakts 2018"
- group exhibition "Virtuālās identitātes"
- group exhibition "Polifonija"